Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Made It!

I know I'm breaking the rules with two posts today but....It's time for Monday Made It!

I have to tell y'all that my mother thinks it's hilarious that I'm becoming crafty.  I used to moan and groan growing up when she'd drag me into the craft stores.  I'm still a craft newbie, though, so keep that in mind as you view my projects for this week.


First, I wanted to add a lamp to the counter behind where my reading group table is going to be.  I found a simple red lamp at Family Dollar for 6 dollars.  It was okay as it was, but I wanted to kick it up a notch.  I had the ribbon and polka-dot paper already.


I'm surprised no one heard me cussing from where you are as I ironed the ribbon and tried to hot glue the ribbon on straight.  I DO NOT IRON...I fluff in the dryer lol.  I think that was the worst part!  The before picture is of better quality so you might think it looked cuter before I messed with it.  
I have low crafter self esteem.  :-)

Second, I found these cute star patterned buckets in the Target Dollar Spot.  My classroom theme is stars so I wanted to re-do my pencil buckets.  Nothing special about these--just proof that I made something! 
The third bucket will be my Top of the Chart bucket.  Kids that get to top or off of the chart on my new clip chart system will get to put their names in for a daily/weekly prize drawing.


Speaking of behavior clip chart!  I worked on this all day yesterday and asked for opinions on it last night..  I changed a few things based on suggestions and printed it out.  I started to put it together and noticed something else that bugged me.  Here it is..

Pardon the pic!  It's on the dining room floor and I'm standing on a ladder.
  
There's too many dark colors on top!  I need to swap some colors out, don't you think?  I may take one Good Day or Great Job out too.  It's so tall!  Any opinions are appreciated!

Go link up with Tara and see what everyone else made this weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Your lamp came out adorable. I really like the way that your clip chart came out. I have a star theme in my classroom too, where did you find the star paper????
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's digital scrapbook paper that I got at etsy. I'd be happy to send you the chart pdf when I've tweaked it if you'd like it. Just send me your email!

      Delete
  2. I love the lamp! I've been looking for one... I'll have to hit up Family Dollar!

    I like the clip chart, too! What about if you made the top and bottom levels half of a page? That might help decrease the length, and you'd have fewer kids on those levels anyways.

    I'm a new follower!

    Angie
    The First Grade Scoop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Thanks for the follow!

      ✪Crystal✪

      Delete
  3. I adore your pencil holders! How cute! You are making me want to change mine now...maybe for next Monday!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Jen
    Adventures in Mrs. Martin’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks fabulous!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the behavior clip chart! I'm planning on using something similar this year! Love your blog!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! :) Go check out my blog to see what it's about!

    Amanda
    Hoppin' Into First!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lamp and clip chart came out cute! I like your buckets that you found at Target! I'm one of your newest followers!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your redid your lamp! It turned out so cute! Your other projects are great too! Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your clip chart! I am a new follower and I nominated you for an award. Come check out my blog and get your award.

    Amanda
    www.averycuriousclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to read others' blogs and notice that there are so many other teachers out there like me! I never put up anything without questioning myself a few times first, "does that look straight? should I add more colors? less colors? different font?" lol. Ahh, the joys of being a teacher!
    I also nominated you for an award, come on over and pick it up!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your clip chart is adorable! I'm going to start using that this school year. Excited about it! I like the idea of having a prize raffle for top of the chart kids! Question...do you give any positives for students who move up to 1 or 2 above Ready to Learn? I'll be following you! The follow button is acting funky (not just on your blog) but on any that Im newly following...I hope it's just a glitch...I'll bookmark you til then :)

    Apple Blossoms

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!