Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Monday, February 17, 2014

Show What You Know

She's alive! 
 I swear I think Blogger did a "Say Whaaa?" when I just logged on to the site.  It's been a very long while. 

 Friends, I have been in a rut.  Do you ever have those times as a teacher blogger where you feel like you don't have anything to share?  Nothing worth sharing?  Who cares what I think, do?  
That has been me.  <insert sad face>

But I do have something cute today!  This is my Show What You Know board.  

Phone picture--BAH!

The kids have Post-It notes at their seats.  Periodically I will ask a question related to our current topic/lesson and they will write an answer on a Post It.  They place their answer on THEIR number.  I can very quickly look and see who has it/doesn't and whether I need to reteach or just pull a few sweeties to work individually.  It is a handy little tool!  Owls are from Carson Dellosa (I think) and the alphabet is from Lettering Delights.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the owls are large enough that a regular size Post-It fits on their sweet little bellies.  :-)  

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I just decided to do something like this after a training on formative instruction on Friday. I'm thinking about trying library pockets so they can slide a paper into them. Do you go through a lot of post-its? I'm concerned about the cost of post-its adding up quickly!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Library pockets are a wonderful idea!! I asked for Post-Its at the beginning of the year so I have packs and packs stored in the closet. I sometimes cut them in half or thirds depending upon what question I am asking them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!