Fitness
Classroom
Freebies
AboutMe
Home


Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Funday Linky

Good evening, friends!  I should really be in bed since I have 3 alarm clocks set for 4:30 in the morning but instead I am blogging and Facebook Freeforall Hopping. So fun!  I am really trying to be a better blogger (because it makes me a better teacher).  

I am linking up with Lucky to Be in First and A Burst of First for their new linky:


So fun!  I am actually going to share something that happened a few weeks ago.  
As a first grade team, we are always saying that we need to fun fellowship more.  We decided to go to dinner and take a painting class together.  A few things you need to know about me:
1. I am not an artist.
2. I am not an artist.
3. I am not an artist.  
LOL, get it?  I went into the experience fully expecting to have a Jackson Pollack-ish painting at the end of the night.  And I was okay with that!  I was just there to have a good time.
We went to a place called Painting with a Twist.  I knew I was going to have a good time when I saw the rules on the wall.
When in doubt, have another glass of wine!  Yes, please!
There is an artist who walks you step-by-step through the entire painting process.  
My process: The pictures are a little blurry because the lighting was odd in the studio.





Final Product:

Not bad for a non-artist, huh?  I was SHOCKED at how pretty it turned out!  We took them to school and had a 1st Grade Art Gallery in our school foyer.  We had such a good time with this that we are now registered to do it again on March 16th.  A beach scene this time!  

Here are my girls (minus one who got cut out of photo somehow):

Does your grade level team do fun things together?  Give us some new ideas!

Have a wonderful week,



4 comments:

  1. My teammate and I have been talking about doing one of those painting classes! Looks like you had fun and your painting looks amazing!!

    Erika
    My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up Crystal! Those painting classes look so fun. Your picture is one of the coolest I've seen.
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a Fall Favorites party in November. Each of us brought our favorite fall thing (enough to give one to each person) and an appetizer and we left with a huge bag of everyone's favorites! It was so much fun and so nice too. We intended to do again at Christmas but didn't make it. Think I need to organize the Spring Favorites Party soon!!! (Examples of stuff we got: candles, lotion, EOS lip balm, Starbuck's cards, chocolate covered pretzels, homemade soap, etc.) You guys should try it!
    And BTW, your painting is AWESOME!!!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if they had something like that here. Your newest follower....

    Angie
    Monahan Monkey Madness

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!! I have seen those painting parties popping up - looks so fun! What a great idea to go with your grade level group! I hope you have a fun week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Hugs!